November Luncheon – Why Mass Timber? A Cedar Speedster Case Study
November 19 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm$45
Join us for a panel lunch presentation featuring the team behind the newly constructed Cedar Speedster, 3-story timber-framed structure in Fremont. The panel includes part of the development team of Evolution Partners and Hess Callahan, design firm Weber Thompson, structural engineering firm DCI and general contractor Turner Construction. They’ll hit on an overview of mass timber and why it was chosen for this project, design and market positioning, construction methodology and lessons learned.
Cedar Speedster Info:
A 3-story timber-framed structure offers clean and modern design while evoking historic Northwest’slogging industry.
• Approximately 20,000 RSF of office on levels 2 and 3, each with outdoor decks
• Level 1 retail space with storefront facing N 36th ST (Fremont Urban Village)
• Revel, consistently one of Seattle’s top-rated restaurant by renowned local chef Rachel Yang, will reoccupy one of the retail spaces with a dynamic outdoor terrace
• Central lobby with elevator
• Alley level parking garage with bike storage
• Vertical cedar siding and weathered steel