JOB DESCRIPTION: BIM MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL-IN-CHARGE, TECHNOLOGY
• Manage production standards. Develop continuous improvement process documenting best
practices for Revit modeling. Advise in development of building information modeling quality
• Manage JMA construction detail library, including the documentation and deployment of CAD
and BIM assets, working in connection with construction details and specifications vetted by
senior staff. Create Revit Families in support of JMA project documentation efforts. Vet and
adapt third-party details and families to JMA production standards, for use in project
• Develop office standard and project-specific building information execution plans (BEP), aligned
to project scope and work planning. Develop families, work sets, and workflows utilizing a lean
level of development (LOD) in alignment with project development phase and work planning,
limiting extraneous effort.
• Train staff in BIM standards and expectations. Advise on new hire proficiency testing and
onboarding procedures. Advise on continuing education and ongoing technical training.
• Provide user technical support for individual software programs
• Provide technology R&D (e.g., BIM/FM interface, VR, AR). Evaluate new software alignment firm
objectives. Advise on implementation and migration procedures and timelines. Develop
maintain and mange Macros, Scripts and Plug-ins within the Revit API to increase production
• Provide production assistance in high work-load events.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
• 6+ years of industry experience (architectural, engineering or construction related fields
preferred) 3+ years of industry specifically in a BIM Systems management roll.
• Thorough knowledge of National Cad and Revit Standards
• Experience in digital model coordination, model sharing practices and architectural coordination
with MEP, Structural and Civil consultants;
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit V.18; Revit 360; Dynamo; Adobe Creative Cloud; Bluebeam Revu
2016; SpecLink-E; Sketch Up.
• Autodesk Certification in Autocad and Revit strongly preferred.
JACKSON | MAIN ARCHITECTURE, P.S. 311 FIRST AVENUE SOUTH, SEATTLE, WA 98104 206.324.4800 JACKSONMAIN.COM